Mama, do your homework!

With any luck I will be hearing that from now on. My FAFSA application processed today and I am waiting to see if Everett Community College will give me grants to go back to school. I went to school breifly back in 2004 but got sick my first quarter and had to drop all of my classes. That was very discouraging so I ended not going back. I have come to the conclusion that, as much as I LOOOOVE teaching, the field isn't built for me. Today's society has placed too much importance on education instead of ability. And, unfortunately, I have neither the time nor the will to get a 4 or 6 year degree so that I can make more than $15 an hour in my lifetime. Not to mention the unpaid classroom work that comes a long with that. I have 3 children to take care of and need to have at least a part time job. I would sacrifice something much more important than the extra income I would make with that 4-6 year degree: my childrens' childhood. So I am going to get my certificate and possibly my AB for Legal Office Administration. I have no intrest in becoming a lawyer, but I love office work and the IDEA of being a lawyer. I love typing, paperwork, filing, etc. Things that drive other people crazy. I love it! So my plan is to go to Everett Community College and earn my certification there. Now for the tuition! Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated as I take on this new endeavour in my life. I am praying for th best :-)
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment