Weirdest Mom On The Street?

Sometimes I look at my parenting tactics and values i try to instill on my children and I wonder... am I a weirdo?

This occurred to me when I suggested that Madison start writing letters to family members she
has never met. Ones she has heard of, of course, and has talked to on the phone. Why? No one
ever writes letters anymore, that's why!

I requested that she write them in cursive, in pen, and sign them properly with "Sincerely". I told her I wanted her to write about one a week and we would address the envelopes and send them via the obsolete SNAIL MAIL.

Then I thought about it. Does she really need to know how to do this? Probably not. Maybe. Who knows! But I don't want to surrender the little things in life like getting a hand written letter from a relative to electronic communication.

P.S. I also made her her own snazzy stationary! If you want to get a letter email me your mailing address at prettyinpretend@aol.com
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment