Almost mortifying Madison

Yesterday I was at Target and I was looking at t-shirts for Madison. I debated on getting a shirt that says "Paris" on it and "Je Taime" because she is going to be taking French classes this year and she is really excited about it. Then I debated over a halloween t-shirt but the only remotely nice one said "I love vampires" and Madison has made is very apparent that she likes werewolves, lol. So I finally decided to get her two basic long sleeved shirts, one black and one white. While I was there I saw a t-shirt that says "Proud to be a NERD". My first thought was "Madison would be appaled if I got her that shirt" then I thought about it some more. 9 year olds are just coming into that age where they are ultra self conscious. I can not imagine many 9 year olds that would willingly wear a t-shirt that labels them a un-cool (even though being a nerd is awesome in my opinion).

Anyway, fast forward to me picking Madison up from school. We were leaving the parking lot and I told her "I got you a couple of shirts from Target today. They're long sleeved so you can wear them under your short sleeved shirts." She said "Okay." Then I thought about that NERD shirt and wanted to confirm that Madison indeed would not consider wearing a shirt like that. I did not take into consideration the context this was going to appear in, which warranted a very dramatic response from Madison (dramatic, yet hilarious!).

This is how the conversation went for Madison

Me: "I got you a couple of shirts from Target today. They're long sleeved so you can wear them under your short sleeved shirts"
Madison: "Okay."
Me: "Would you wear a shirt that says 'Proud to be a nerd?"
Madison: [insert horrified expression] "Nooo!!!"

To clarify, she thought I had bought her a t-shirt that said "Proud to be a nerd." It was pretty hilarious.
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment