21 hours to go!

As far as I can tell, by the hard skull like shape floating at the top of my abdomen, Camila is still breech. Which means that tomorrow at noon (granted, she has not turn around by then) we will be proceeding with the cesarean section we had scheduled a while back. We check in at 10am. The kids, my mom, and probably my sister as well, will all be joining us on this endeavor. My mother and Amber will entertain the kids while the procedure goes on.

I loaded the stroller into the car already today, as well as my gifts to the new big sisters. I wasn't sure if I would be bringing it but then I considered the pain it was to lug a baby in a carseat to the car, as well as all of the other items (suit case, bag, gifts, etc). I imagine if I leave it at home I will be wishing I had brought it for the travel down to the car and the loading portion, as well. The carseat clips into the stroller so we're set.

Now I just have to remember all of the other things I am going to bring with me! I got a post-postpartum girdle to aid in a speedy recovery. I have heard nothing but good things about them and this particular one got really great reviews on Amazon.com (it is by Underworks). And Bio Oil apparently helps a ton to reduce scarring so I invested in some of that, as well.

Overall, I feel like I am well prepared. However, I tried to install blinds in Camila's room today. To my disdain, it seems that the inside of the window is metal (?). I tried to put some pilot holes in the window and got absolutely nowhere. I was even armed with my drill! So that kind of stinks. We will figure it out later, I suppose. In the meantime I hope Camila doesn't mind a super bright room! Last I checked babies didn't adhere to daylight standards anyway (you know, sleep when it's night and wake when it's light).

Madison and Emilee keep saying "I can't wait until Camila is here!". I keep thinking "Wait until she's waking you up four times a night!" but realistically my kids sleep like logs. I don't think they are going to even notice the midnight feedings. We'll see!

I am excited about taking care of a baby and feeling like my life isn't cram packed with a schedule that has no leniency what-so-ever. Living in Marysville and working in Seattle will do that to you! I am really excited about seeing what color hair she has, lol. I have spent the vast majority of my pregnancy (and even pre-pregnancy!) dreaming about a little girl with blonde hair. I had one dream recently where she was wearing a hat my whole dream and I took it off and she had a head full of jet black hair. Watch her come out with a little bit of brown hair and be nothing like either of my dreams, lol.

For those of you who are unaware, we will be at Providence in Everett at the Pavilion for Women and Children. The address there is 900 Pacific Ave, Everett, Wa. Feel free to visit!! We will be there for at least 2 days.
Category: 1 comments

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww congrats mama i am so happy for u i didnt know u had 2 girls already!!! your a great mama i will come visit u once u get home!! my number is on fB!! sarah Justic:)

Post a Comment